Generous community donations make the Music for Schools instrument lending library possible. The purpose of the library is to make instruments available to students who otherwise would not have the opportunity to learn and play music.
1. Complete a request for each student applying for an instrument. Please only submit applications for students you know to be responsible and capable of caring for an instrument. The parent(s) of the student and the student’s school will assume financial responsibility in the event of loss or damage to the instrument. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
2. Priority is given to students with demonstrated financial need. However, because our goal is to have all of our library instruments used each year in school music programs, those requests not based on financial need will be considered on a first come, first served basis after initial placements are made.
3. Though most requests occur at the beginning of the school year, applications are accepted throughout the year and are filled according to availability.
4. The music teacher or principal must check-out and return the instrument. Borrowed instruments are on loan for the entire school year. Upon return of the instrument, we ask that maintenance information be provided. Repairs for non-routine maintenance are the responsibility of the parent(s) or school, as needed.
5. Teachers are responsible for ensuring proper use and handling of instruments and make the following commitments:
- Teach proper storage, use, cleaning, and maintenance of instrument(s)
- Ensure the student is attending classes and the instrument is being played
- If a student drops out of music instruction, return the instrument immediately
- Notify Music For Schools immediately in the event of instrument loss or damage
- At the end of the school year, return the instrument by the due date and notify
Music For Schools of all maintenance needs