Art of Dessert: Confection Connection Challenge
Are you a home baker? Do you love to show off your baking skills? Join us for the LBC’s Art of Dessert Confection Connection Challenge! We’re missing our LBC community now more than ever, and to honor our Art of Dessert fundraiser, we’re connecting the community through baking at home. All you have to do is bake an amazing confection, and take a photo of it!
We’ll have three community-judged categories: Young Baker, Most Original, and Best Presentation. Enter to win a gift certificate ($150 value) to the LBC. Winners will be announced at our FREE annual Art of Dessert fundraiser on April 17th!
Art of Dessert has raised over $4.5 million to help support our community’s home for the arts, and helped provide enrichment in the arts to over 480,000 children. This event is integral to supporting the Center’s Education and Community Engagement programs provided by the Center throughout the year, including new online tools and educational experiences for students, teachers, and parents, musical instruments loaned free of charge, arts-integrated classroom instruction by LBC teaching artists, and MORE!
How to Enter
- Bake a cake, or whatever confection your heart desires.
- Bake as a family, or on your own, just make sure it’s homemade and not from a store
- Take a photo of your bake
- Enter one of three categories: Young Baker, Most Original, Best Presentation
- Bakers under 15, enter the “Young Baker” category. Dress it up with a table-scape for the “Best Presentation” category. Or, keep it simple and give your beautiful bake it’s time to shine with some natural light and a simple background for the “Most Original” category.
- Post to your bake on your Facebook or Instagram pages and – most importantly, TAG US! Use the hashtag #BAKELBC
- Let us know in your caption which category you’re entering your bake.
- Baking is more fun with friends; tag other bakers you know to join in the challenge!
- Vote for your favorite cakes in all three categories.
- Register for the FREE virtual Art of Dessert Fundraiser, and tune in on Sat April 17, at 6pm. Winners will also be announced later on social media.
- Competition begins Wed, March 31 and ends at Noon on Wed, April 14
- Voting begins Thu April 15 at midnight and ends Fri April 16 at 11:59pm
- Winners announced: Sat, April 17 at the FREE virtual Art of Dessert fundraiser
Rules and Fine Print
- Your dessert photo must tag the LBC, and be posted between Wed, March 31 and noon on Wed, April 14 to be entered (that’s 2 weeks to bake a perfect confection).
- Once the entry window has closed, your photo will be submitted to the official voting survey. The community will have 2 days to cast their votes.
- Category Descriptions:
- Young Baker Category: Made (with help if needed) and decorated by a baker under 15 years old
- Most Original: Your dessert in focus with natural light and a simple background. The sky is the limit: Tall cakes, themed cakes, cakes, cakes that don’t look like cake.
- Best Presentation: Create a magazine-worthy photo of your dessert in a complete setting or table-scape
- Winners will be announced during our live Art of Dessert fundraiser on April 17th. You must register (for free!) to watch. After the event, we will contact our winners via social media. (We know you’re all winners, but for this challenge, there can only be three.)
- No overachievers – you can only win in one category
- The competition is all in good fun, we trust you to be honest about when you baked the cake, and that you baked it and decorated it yourself or with your kids “helping.”
- You may bake more than one confection and enter as many categories as you’d like, but you can still only win once.
- Please only vote once in each category. Don’t be that person.