by CORBiAN Visual Arts and Dance in
collaboration with Lightwire Theater
Turn out the lights in your home to get the full experience! Featured on America’s Got Talent, this performance showcasing a world of glow-in-the-dark characters created out of neon light is a fan-favorite. A lonely scientist with magical powers creates a friendly dinosaur named Darwin. When Darwin wanders from home, he discovers a world of creatures who light up the darkness and help him understand the most coveted experience: love. Unique and visually dazzling, DiNO Light is praised for its cutting-edge blend of puppetry, technology, and dance by audiences all over the world.
“It was a spectacular way to tell a story.”
On sale December 2, 2020 starting at 9:00am.
Set the Stage
Prepare your students for their trip to the virtual theater with these free resource materials.
Common Core Content Standards
Easily apply these content standards in your classroom:
- 2.RI.7: Explain how specific images (e.g., a diagram showing how a machine works) contribute to and clarify a text.
- 3.RL.7: Explain how specific aspects of a text’s illustrations contribute to what is conveyed by the words in a story (e.g., create mood, emphasize aspects of a character or setting).
- 5.RL.2: Determine a theme of a story, drama, or poem from details in the text, including how characters in a story or drama respond to challenges or how the speaker in a poem reflects upon a topic; summarize the text.
Lesson Plan Idea
Students use glow-in-the-dark paint to illustrate their own dinosaur creations on black paper culminating in a classroom exhibition.
- To contact us, email Chrystie Prokopakis, School & Family Coordinator, or call 707.800.7504.
- Find terms and conditions plus more resources here.