The Peking Acrobats®
Featuring The Shanghai Circus
Hailing from the People’s Republic of China, The Peking Acrobats® bring a 2,000-year-old tradition to the stage, performing daring maneuvers while displaying incredible technical prowess at such arts as trick-cycling, precision tumbling, juggling, somersaulting, and gymnastics. They push the limits of human ability, defying gravity with amazing displays of contortion, flexibility, and control—all accompanied by live musicians, skillfully playing traditional Chinese instruments.
LBC performance may not include pieces from above video.
Set the Stage
Prepare your students for their trip to the virtual theater with these free resource materials.
Common Core Content Standards
Easily apply these content standards in your classroom:
- 1.SL.4: Describe people, places, things, and events with relevant details, expressing ideas and feelings clearly.
- 5.RL.7: Analyze how visual and multimedia elements contribute to the meaning, tone, or beauty of a text (e.g., graphic novel, multimedia presentation of fiction, folktale, myth, poem).
- 6.SL.5: Include multimedia components (e.g., graphics, images, music, sound) and visual displays in presentations to clarify information.
Lesson Plan Idea
Students create a collage representing a region or province of China demonstrating geography, climate, clothes, food, etc. to present to the class.
On sale Wednesday, August 10, 2022 starting at 9:00 am.
9:30 am & 11:30 am
Monday, Jan. 30, 2023
In-Person at LBC!
Both performances sold out!
Use the application to be added to the wait list.
$3 discount per student on the National Lunch Program!
1 free adult for every 10 students!
Extend your field trip to LBC with Art Talks!
Take your students on a self-guided or docent-led tour of our Sculpture Garden. Thoughtfully restored following the 2017 firestorms, our Sculpture Garden is designed to reflect the local Sonoma County landscape. In the Garden, there are two picnic tables with smaller versions of the sculpture elements that you see in the landscape. If you like, have students find new ways to arrange the colorful pieces. Then please leave what they have made for the next visitors to enjoy.
You can sign up for a free docent-led tour right on your School Show application or contact us by email or phone at 707.800.7504!
- To contact us, email Chrystie Prokopakis, Education Operations & Services Supervisor, or call 707.800.7504.
- Find terms and conditions plus more resources here.