by Calidanza Dance Company
Experience the joy of Christmas with Latin American flair in this exciting, culturally rich performance. Celebrate the folkloric dance and music traditions of Mexico with a delightful holiday presentation for students of all ages and backgrounds. A rainbow of shimmering color on stage, Posada Navideña will charm your students with Mexico’s seasonal customs and traditions.
“We thought that this was the best Posada Navideña
presentation yet! The songs that they played were very
relevant and our students were able to sing along.”
Education Programs on sale August 12, 2020 starting at 9:00am.
Set the Stage
Prepare your students for their trip to the virtual theater with these free resource materials.
Common Core Content Standards
Easily apply these content standards in your classroom:
- 2.RL.2: Recount stories, including fables and folktales from diverse cultures, and determine their central message, lesson, or moral.
- 6.RI.3: Analyze in detail how a key individual, event, or idea is introduced, illustrated, and elaborated in a text (e.g., through examples or anecdotes).
- 11-12.RL.2: Determine two or more themes or central ideas of a text and analyze their development over the course of the text, including how they interact and build on one another to produce a complex account; provide an objective summary of the text.
Lesson Plan Idea
Students identify cultural food served in Latin American countries during any holiday, write down and gather recipes, and make a recipe book to take home and share with their family. Write an introduction of how the recipes tell the story of students’ cultures.
- To contact us, email Chrystie Prokopakis, School & Family Coordinator, or call 707.800.7504.
- Find terms and conditions plus more resources here.