The Adventures of Tortoise and Hare: The Next Gen
by Lightwire Theater
The Next Gen features Tortoise Junior and Lil’ Hare in a whole new kind of race with modern hurdles to overcome on the way to the finish line. Ten years after Aesop’s classic characters, the Tortoise and the Hare, have children who are experiencing contemporary distractions. Smart phones and video games create a new landscape of lost connections. Old Man Tortoise and Big Daddy Hare must come together despite their differences to save their children. With dazzling visuals, poignant storytelling, and the creative use of music from classical to pop, this production brings this tale into a new brilliant light.
On sale November 15, 2021 starting at 9:00am.
Set the Stage
Prepare your students for their trip to the virtual theater with these free resource materials.
Common Core Content Standards
Easily apply these content standards in your classroom:
- 1.RL.9: Compare and contrast the adventures and experiences of characters in stories.
- 3.RL.2: Recount stories, including fables, folktales, and myths from diverse cultures; determine the central message, lesson, or moral and explain how it is conveyed through key details in the text.
- 5.RL.7: Analyze how visual and multimedia elements contribute to the meaning, tone, or beauty of a text (e.g., graphic novel, multimedia presentation of fiction, folktale, myth, poem).
Lesson Plan Idea
Challenge students to walk from one side of the room to the other while imagining the floor is covered with mud, ice, snow, soup, puppies, or sharp sticks, and must change the way they move to make their way.
- To contact us, email Chrystie Prokopakis, Education Operations & Services Supervisor, or call 707.800.7504.
- Find terms and conditions plus more resources here.
January 24 – February 18, 2022
$50 per classroom.