Los Angeles-based hip hop dance sensation, Versa-Style, breaks through color lines by bringing diverse people together. Versa- Style strives to share the impact arts can have with students in their own communities. This special performance for students showcases the history of hip hop culture, demonstrating freedom of expression and individuality, hard work, self discipline, and dedication.
LBC performance may not include pieces from above video.
Set the Stage
Prepare your students for their trip to the virtual theater with these free resource materials.
Common Core Content Standards
Easily apply these content standards in your classroom:
- 7-8.RH.2: Determine the central ideas or information of a primary or secondary source; provide an accurate summary of the source distinct from prior knowledge or opinions.
- 9-10.RI.6: Determine an author’s point of view or purpose in a text and analyze how an author uses rhetoric to advance that point of view or purpose.
- 11-12.RI.3: Analyze a complex set of ideas or sequence of events and explain how specific individuals, ideas, or events interact and develop over the course of the text.
Lesson Plan Idea
Using dance as text, discuss the viewpoint of the choreographer as the author and the purpose of the piece through that choreography.
On sale Wednesday, August 10, 2022 starting at 9:00 am.
Thursday, Nov. 10, 2022
In-Person at LBC!
$3 discount per student on the National Lunch Program!
1 free adult for every 10 students!
Extend your field trip to LBC with Art Talks!
Take your students on a self-guided or docent-led tour of our Sculpture Garden. Thoughtfully restored following the 2017 firestorms, our Sculpture Garden is designed to reflect the local Sonoma County landscape. In the Garden, there are two picnic tables with smaller versions of the sculpture elements that you see in the landscape. If you like, have students find new ways to arrange the colorful pieces. Then please leave what they have made for the next visitors to enjoy.
You can sign up for a free docent-led tour right on your School Show application or contact us by email or phone at 707.800.7504!
- To contact us, email Chrystie Prokopakis, Education Operations & Services Supervisor, or call 707.800.7504.
- Find terms and conditions plus more resources here.