Saturday, June 17, 2023
$59 GA, $75 Reserved
Rodney Strong Vineyards Event Lawn
11455 Old Redwood Hwy,
Healdsburg, CA 95448
Open Tuesday – Saturday
10:00 am – 6:00 pm
Closed Sunday and Monday
Office opens 2 hours prior to performances on Sundays and Mondays.
Rodney Strong Summer Concert Series with
Marc Cohn & Shawn Colvin
With Special Guest Eric Long
Saturday, June 17, 2023 at 6:00 pm
With opener and intermission
Doors will open at 5 pm. RSV Wine Club Members will have access to the wine club area at 4 pm.
$59 GA Lawn, $75 Reserved Seats
Two of a generation’s favorite singer-songwriters, Marc Cohn and Shawn Colvin, come together onstage for a special event. Cohn, a Grammy Award® winner for his soulful ballad, “Walking in Memphis,” and Colvin, winner of the Grammy Award’s “Record of the Year” and “Song of the Year” for “Sunny Came Home,” welcome fans into their decades-long friendship for an afternoon of songs and stories.
After winning a Grammy for his soulful ballad “Walking in Memphis,” Marc Cohn solidified his place as one of this generation’s most compelling singer-songwriters, combining the precision of a brilliant tunesmith with the passion of a great soul man. Rooted in the rich ground of American rhythm and blues, soul and gospel, and possessed with a deft storyteller’s pen, he weaves vivid, detailed, often drawn-from-life tales that evoke some of our most universal human feelings: love, hope, faith, joy, heartbreak.
Shawn Colvin won her first Grammy Award® for “Best Contemporary Folk Album” with her debut album, Steady On. She has been a mainstay of the singer-songwriter genre ever since, releasing 13 superlative albums and establishing herself as one of America’s most revered live performers. Her songs are slow-release works of craft and catharsis that become treasured, lifetime companions for their listeners. Colvin triumphed at the 1998 Grammy Awards, winning both “Record of the Year” and “Song of the Year” for “Sunny Came Home.” The Steady On 30th Anniversary Acoustic Edition strips each song to the core, placing Colvin’s songwriting masterclass on full display.
Colvin was honored with the 2016 Lifetime Achievement Trailblazer Award by the Americana Music Association. She was inducted into the 2019 Austin City Limits Hall of Fame alongside legendary artists Lyle Lovett and Buddy Guy. In a moving induction speech, Jackson Browne extolled, “It takes an original to get our attention. Shawn is utterly original in her singing and original in what she speaks about in her songs.”
Policies and Reminders
Please be prepared for plenty of sun exposure and cool evenings. We recommend sunscreen, brimmed hats, and layers. Consume plenty of water to keep hydrated throughout the event. No umbrellas will be permitted.
- Doors open 1 hour prior to performance time. Rodney Strong Wine Club Members get access to the Wine Club Area 2 hours prior to performance time.
- If you do not have a reserved seat, the events are general admission (GA) on the lawn. Chairs will NOT be provided. To make the performance enjoyable for all, bring only low-slung beach chairs to minimize sight blockage. Space permitting, taller chairs, such as camping chairs, will be required to be in the back. Blankets are welcome.
- No children under 5 years old. Children 5 years and older are required to have a ticket.
- Small coolers and outside food are permitted. No outside alcohol is allowed, with the exception of sealed Rodney Strong Wines.
- Refillable, empty water bottles are permitted, and water refill stations are available.
- Food trucks will be onsite.
- Will call tickets: If you selected your delivery method as Will Call, your tickets will be held at our remote LBC Box Office located on-site at Rodney Strong Vineyards for this event. Please have your photo ID to collect your tickets.
- No Refunds. All ticket purchases are final.
- Parking is limited we recommend rideshare as a safe option
- Overflow parking will be available with a shuttle to the winery. ADA parking spots will be available. Please call the LBC Box Office prior to the show at 707-546-3600, Tuesday-Saturday 10 am – 6 pm.