Homeowners whose insured homes in Sonoma County were damaged or destroyed in the 2017 North Bay wildfires are invited to attend a free Construction & Insurance Seminar on Saturday, March 10, from 2-4 PM at the Luther Burbank Center for the Arts (LBC) in Santa Rosa.
DO ANY OF THESE DESCRIBE YOU?
- You lost your home and you want to rebuild, but you’ve never built a home before
- You are under-insured, but you don’t want to hire a lawyer
- You have never filed an insurance claim before, and you need to understand the process
- You are not sure that your insurance company is treating you fairly
- You are ready to hire a contractor, but you need to know how to protect yourself
- You have hired a contractor, and you need to know how to avoid overpaying him
This seminar is different from other recent seminars. The organizer of this seminar is Matthew Grill, the founder of the Fire Victims Coalition non-profit. Matthew is a fire survivor from a previous California wildfire, and he has experienced everything you are going through.
This seminar covers important topics that haven’t received much attention, including:
- Navigating being underinsured without hiring a lawyer
- Protecting yourself when dealing with your contractor
- Processing contractor paperwork and avoiding overpayment
- Managing your mortgage payouts and depreciation
This seminar also provides some new insights on the following:
- Maximizing your insurance benefits and payouts
- Understanding the insurance claims process and your rights
- Dealing with your insurance company without losing your mind
- How United Policyholders and Sonoma County Legal Aid can help you
- Matthew Grill, Fire Victims Coalition
- Lihn Pham, Scope Writing Services
- Emily Rogan, United Policyholders
- Kendall Jarvis, Sonoma County Legal Aid