Saturday, August 26, 2023
$69 GA, $89 Reserved
Rodney Strong Vineyards Event Lawn
11455 Old Redwood Hwy,
Healdsburg, CA 95448
Open Tuesday – Saturday
10:00 am – 6:00 pm
Closed Sunday and Monday
Office opens 2 hours prior to performances on Sundays and Mondays.
Rodney Strong Summer Concert Series with
Saturday, August 26, 2023 at 5:00 pm
With opener and intermission
Doors will open at 4 pm. RSV Wine Club Members will have access to the wine club area at 3 pm.
$69 GA Lawn, $89 Reserved Seats
The latest full-length from Larkin Poe, Blood Harmony, is a whole-hearted invitation into a world they know intimately, a Southern landscape so precisely conjured you can feel the sticky humidity of the warm summer air. In bringing their homeland to such rich and dazzling life, Georgia-bred multi-instrumentalist sisters Rebecca and Megan Lovell fortify their storytelling with a rock and blues-heavy sound that hits right in the heart, at turns stormy and sorrowful and wildly exhilarating.
Rooted in the potent musicality the Nashville-based duo has brought to their work, like 2018’s Venom & Faith (a Grammy Award® nominee for “Best Contemporary Blues Album”), Blood Harmony affirms Larkin Poe as an essential force in shaping the identity of Southern rock-and-roll, breathing new energy into the genre with both forward-thinking perspective and a decidedly feminine strength.
In a departure from the self-contained approach of past albums like 2020’s Self Made Man, a critically acclaimed LP praised by American Songwriter as “pumped up for arena-sized consumption without compromising any of its stripped-down command and intensity,” Larkin Poe co-produced Blood Harmony alongside Texas-bred musician Tyler Bryant (also Rebecca’s husband. With Megan handling harmony vocals, lap steel, and resonator guitar and Rebecca on guitar and keys, Larkin Poe also enlisted members of their longtime live band, including drummer Kevin McGowan and bassist Tarka Layman. Mainly recorded at Rebecca and Tyler’s home studio, the result is an electrifying body of work that fully harnesses the fiery vitality they’ve shown in touring across the globe.
Policies and Reminders
Please be prepared for plenty of sun exposure and cool evenings. We recommend sunscreen, brimmed hats, and layers. Consume plenty of water to keep hydrated throughout the event. No umbrellas will be permitted.
- Doors open 1 hour prior to performance time. Rodney Strong Wine Club Members get access to the Wine Club Area 2 hours prior to performance time.
- If you do not have a reserved seat, the events are general admission (GA) on the lawn. Chairs will NOT be provided. To make the performance enjoyable for all, bring only low-slung beach chairs to minimize sight blockage. Space permitting, taller chairs, such as camping chairs, will be required to be in the back. Blankets are welcome.
- No children under 5 years old. Children 5 years and older are required to have a ticket.
- Small coolers and outside food are permitted. No outside alcohol is allowed, with the exception of sealed Rodney Strong Wines.
- Refillable, empty water bottles are permitted, and water refill stations are available.
- Food trucks will be onsite.
- Will call tickets: If you selected your delivery method as Will Call, your tickets will be held at our remote LBC Box Office located on-site at Rodney Strong Vineyards for this event. Please have your photo ID to collect your tickets.
- No Refunds. All ticket purchases are final.
- Parking is limited we recommend rideshare as a safe option
- Overflow parking will be available with a shuttle to the winery. ADA parking spots will be available. Please call the LBC Box Office prior to the show at 707-546-3600, Tuesday-Saturday 10 am – 6 pm.