Tuesday, August 8, 2023
5:30 to 7:30 pm
Nelson Family Grand Plaza
Open Tuesday – Saturday
10:00 am – 6:00 pm
Closed Sunday and Monday
Office opens 2 hours prior to performances on Sundays and Mondays.
Luther Locals Live with
Tuesday, August 8, 2023, from 5:30 to 7:30 pm
Born and raised in Santa Rosa, CA, Tru Lyric has come a long way from making music with friends while attending Analy High School. He found refuge in writing lyrics while battling depression and anxiety, and he was able to grow as a musician helping others who battle the same diseases. His passion for music stems from artists he listened to while growing up: The Temptations, Notorious B.I.G., and Frank Sinatra to name a few. As his view of Hip-Hop transformed, he began working with musicians from across the county to infuse jazz, gospel, rock, blues, and even salsa into his music.
In 2020, Tru Lyric began working on a new sound for his most recent EP, Black Kids Like Emo, an alternative album with a Hip-Hop fusion. This project was largely inspired by his high school experiences. Written through the eyes of his high school self, the EP talks about bullies, lost love, struggling to fit in, and most importantly self-love and acceptance. Sprinkled throughout the EP is plenty of humor and references dating back to 2010. Black Kids Like Emo was released digitally in June 2021. Tru has kept his foot on the gas since then, releasing a variety of singles this year that greatly highlight his versatility as a recording artist.
About Luther Locals Live
Every Tuesday, June 6 – August 15
5:30 pm to 7:30 pm
On the Nelson Family Grand Plaza at LBC
Luther Locals Live is Sonoma County’s newest outdoor, after-work hangout for live music this summer. Spend your Tuesday afternoon happy hour enjoying everything Sonoma County locals love: Local bands, local wines and beer, and local food truck fare, as well as artisan vendors.
Policies and Reminders
- Doors open at 5:00 pm.
- All ages, family-friendly. IDs checked at the bar.
- Security screening and bag check upon entry.
- Outdoor market setting includes limited seating, tall cocktail tables, and dance space. Outside chairs and blankets not permitted. If special accommodation is needed, please see the concierge table.
- Refillable, empty water bottles permitted. Water fountains available for refills.
- Food trucks onsite.
- No animals except certified service animals, which must remain on a leash or harness at all times.
- Assisted listening devices are not available for the outdoor performances.
- Shoes and shirts are required at all performances.
- No smoking on the plaza.
- Please be respectful of others and behave in an appropriate manner. Patrons who engage in illegal activities, are intoxicated, or are otherwise disruptive (including heckling, public nudity, and smoking in non-designated areas) will be escorted from the property. Usher and security representatives are available should you need assistance.
Parking and Entry
- We suggest parking at the North entrance.
- Entry to the Luther Locals Live Series through the North (Main) Lobby entrance only.