Luther Burbank Center for the Arts hosts 500,000 visitors annually who experience over 200 extraordinary, world-class performing arts experiences. To help ensure YourLBC experiences are enjoyed, the Center has created policies and procedures to promote a secure, safe, and welcoming environment for each guest. Helpful information about Luther Burbank Center for the Arts’ security screening policies can be found below.
The evolution of Luther Burbank Center for the Arts’ security screening policy, in collaboration with our presenting partners, demonstrates an ongoing effort to reduce concerns about bulky or unsafe items, which hinder the security, safety, and comfort of all patrons. Policies and procedures at Luther Burbank Center for the Arts continue to evolve as technology and resources emerge which fit the environmental and security needs of all patrons.
All persons and items entering Luther Burbank Center for the Arts are subject to search. Luther Burbank Center for the Arts management reserves the right to refuse any item deemed a potential safety or security risk or with the potential to be a distraction to the event being held. Screenings will be performed by trained professional contracted security staff and may include, but are not limited to:
• Visual screening
• Bag, case, coat and hat searches
• Hand-held magnetometers (Security Wanding)
Tickets will be torn/scanned at the Lytton Rancheria Grand Lobby doors. Re-entry is not permitted upon exiting the entrance doors. In the case of an urgent need to exit and re-enter, please see a member of the house staff before exiting.
Certain types of bags and/or cases are prohibited, including but not limited to:
• Computer Bags
• Camera Bags/Cases
• Instrument Cases
• Large Totes and Duffel Bags
• Any Purse or Bag exceeding 12”x12”x6”, the area underneath your theater seat. Backpack purses must be worn on one shoulder. If a purse is worn as a backpack, it will be considered as such and will not be permitted in the venue.
Patrons with prohibited bags, cases, or other items will asked to return the item to their vehicle.
The following exceptions will be made after a proper inspection for:
1. Diaper bags for families with infants and toddlers. The child/toddler must be in attendance.
2. Medical necessities.
3. Equipment use from approved media outlets accompanied and approved by Luther Burbank Center for the Arts marketing and production staff.
We ask that patrons keep all items with them and never leave items unattended.
All bags entering Luther Burbank Center for the Arts will be searched at the point of entry. Items prohibited to enter Luther Burbank Center include, but are not limited to:
• Firearms of any size or type*
• Other weapons and knives of any size or type
• Pepper spray, mace, or other chemicals
• Alcohol, illegal substances, or drug paraphernalia
• Professional-grade audio, photo, or video recording equipment
• Cans, bottles, or outside food and beverages. Plastic bottles may be permitted if 24oz or less and must be empty upon arrival. No metal or glass bottles. Please note that all bottles will only be fillable at drinking fountains. Luther Burbank Center for the Arts Concert Cups are fillable at our North, South and Upstairs concession stands.
• Animals other than Registered Service Dogs
*Active law enforcement officers should contact Patron Services with appropriate identification upon arrival if carrying a firearm.
Our safety and security protocol is a perpetual, sustained, and ever-expanding effort. Luther Burbank Center for the Arts continues to reevaluate safety and security processes and new applications may be integrated into our operations to better provide service to our patrons and guests.
For more information, questions or concerns about Luther Burbank Center for the Arts’ Safety and Security policies, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org